Declutter and Delight: Turn Your Unwanted Christmas Gifts into Treasures for Others!
After the phenomenal success of our previous Swap Shop campaigns, Shopping City is excited to bring back the much-anticipated Swap Shop event! This year, we’re focusing on rehoming those unwanted, unused, or unnecessary Christmas gifts.
A 2022 Censuswide survey revealed that 19% of Brits have previously donated unwanted Christmas gifts to charity. The most common reasons include supporting a good cause, decluttering, not liking the gift, or receiving duplicates. In line with this spirit of giving and sustainability, we invite you to join us in making a difference.
What Can You Bring?
We are looking for:
- Unused, unworn, and in good condition toys
- Gift sets
- Clothes (no undergarments, please)
- New socks still in packaging
- Other accessories or items that can be someone’s new favourite
- Collection Bins: We will set up the familiar swap shop bins/collection boxes for your donations.
- Plenty of Time to Donate: The event spans three days to ensure everyone has a chance to participate.
- Careful Curation: Our team will check all items and prepare them for the Swap Shop station.
- Choose and Swap: Visit our Swap Shop station later in January to find something new for yourself or a loved one.
- Sustainability First: Leftover clothing will go to our in-center recycling boxes, and other items will be shared with local charity shops.
Join Us in Making a Difference!
Let’s start 2024 with generosity and sustainability. We can’t wait to see the amazing items you’ll bring to the Swap Shop!